Welcome to the GenomeQuest Documentation Wiki
Whats New In GenomeQuest 7.1
GenomeQuest 7.1 includes many enhancements to the Intellectual Property Search and Next Generation Sequencing Analysis.
Intellectual Property Search
New keyword search
Search through the patent databases with patent numbers without having to worry about missing results that are hidden inside related patent families, or different formats of Patent Numbers.
- Patent Numbers are automatically normalized to GenomeQuest standard format used in GQ-PAT.
- Search results include related patent families in a nice overview report that also allows users to click through to the actual patent records.
- Search with a single patent number or a list of them.
Compare Two Sequences
Quickly reconstruct alignments between two sequences.
- An easy copy & paste interface.
- Supports both the BLAST and GenePAST algorithms.
Support uploaded query sequences in IP search
Make it easier when working with larger data sets.
Virtual databases as subject database in IP search
Search against any subset of patent databases. For example, patents that have been granted, or only US ones, or only ones submitted before a certain date, or excluding her own company and partners. You can create a virtual databank after a keyword search.
Next Generation Sequencing Analysis
Enhanced read processing
- multi-plexing. creating multiple NGS read databases from a single sequencing experiment.
- Flexible vector clipping. removing parts of the sequence left by the experimental procedure.
Speed improvements in the reads mapping
Each company now can designate an administrator that can perform some special tasks, including:
- redistribute NGS credits to users within your company.
- Create new tags to use for various items in the GenomeQuest platform.
Improved grouping display
Display grouped alignments and sequences in a more intuitive way, making better use of screen estate as well.
Added a sort button next to the filtering & grouping buttons, allowing users to sort on multiple things at the same time (like in Excel).